Monday, June 1, 2009

Meet 'The Guys'

Dave, Sam, and Preston


Calista dubbed this trio 'the guys' the first time she met them. While she knew each of their names, I never once in 4 months heard her call them by name. They were always and now will always be 'the guys.' They stayed with us at Lance's mom's house while they worked on the house and Calista never wanted to leave their side. It was so endearing to watch her with them. She was smitten. She truely loves them!


This was Preston's favorite room of the house. The upstairs bathroom. I think there are more crevices and angles in this one little tiny room than in the rest of the house combined.
THE GUYS' HOUSE. Within the first week of 'the guys' working on our house. Calista started calling it THE GUYS HOUSE. She would get so excited when we would turn on 6th and drive past the park, which is when she realized that we were going to see our house, and she would ask enthusiastically, "We go to the guys' house mom?"



It has now been about 6 weeks since 'the guys' finished and departed and still when Calista wants to go home she asks to go to the guys' house.

3 comments:

  1. It looks great, what a lot of work. I can't wait to come down and see it. So. . . who are "the guys", friends or contractors, or both. I could use some help like that. I'll bet you are loving being in your own house again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Betty! Everything looks so good. "The Guys" did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Wow WoW WOW! I can't believe it! John and I are in the works of remodeling our kitchen. Its a big project for us and the first of its kind. I'm starting to get a glimpse of all the work that goes into a project like this and I am in AWE at what you've done. Thank you so much for sharing! I'd love to talk to you about it. Your finished project is just beautiful, really. I love the dining room and kitchen.
    Fabulous job guys, really!
    love,
    Carrie K

    ReplyDelete